Friday, August 4, 2017

Zoos


I've been to three zoos since arriving here. The Sriracha, Dusit, and Saint Gabriel's College zoos. The Sriracha zoo was much most entertaining because we posed with apes and tigers and watched crocodile and tiger shows. I visited Sriracha with some seminar leaders from India.
The Dusit zoo started out slow with the most confusing zoo map ever but eventually became entertaining as well with some cool bears, tigers, and the most wrinkled orangutan I've ever seen. We were a little disappointed though. No Giant Pandas. Giandapanda was clearly advertised on the walls outside Dusit zoo, but nowhere to be found within.
Saint Gabriel's College has a small zoo at their academic/recreational center with a few attractions including ostriches, peacocks, and a black swan. To our horror we found out some Thai kids threw rocks at the Ostriches causing them to freak out and trample one of the baby ostriches. Not cool!
I'm looking forward to going to more zoos or even more preferably, wild life refuges. I wonder if Pi from Life of Pi would be upset with me for visiting zoos?

Found this in draft form - might as well post, right?

No comments: